Guest Post Guidelines and Suggestions for TheBlogPilot.com
Thank You for Your Interest in Writing a Guest Post for TheBlogPilot.com
We are looking for guest posts that present new ideas, fresh perspectives, and innovative approaches to help Bloggers and Internet Marketers succeed in business.
Posts that will work best for this site are relevant to our overall topic – Blogging – to Include: Personal Development, eMail & Internet Marketing along with Social Media Marketing. We are also accepting articles about Starting an Online Business and Entrepreneurship.
Subjects/Topics That we are Particularly Interested In (But Not Limited To):
- Blogging Tips & Tricks
- Business Branding
- Affiliate Marketing
- Attraction Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (all Social Media Platforms)
- Online StartUps
- Personal Development
Requirements for Your Guest Post:
- Your article must not infringe copyright laws, either in terms of text or images
- Article must be written in English and be Original copy
- Structure your posts into paragraphs with Headings and Subtitles
- DO NOT use affiliate links within your articles.
- Write with the reader in mind, not the search engine.
Header Tags to Outline & Highlight your Page’s Content!
Writing for the Web…
Studies have shown that the majority of Internet readers will SKIM Web articles.
We encourage you to use Header Tags within your article to outline your content which will help keep the reader’s interested.
The Header tag will also serve as an indicator to the level of importance of each section of your article. These HTML header tags, denoted as h1, h2, h3, h4 etc., are an easy way to format your text and organize your page’s structure.
– Whether you use your own blog or a Word document to write your article – format your article with Subject Headlines to create an article storyline.
The Search-engine ranking algorithms will place some emphasis on text enclosed with-in Bold, Italic and Underlining, but Header tags will place a greater importance, not only for the reader but for the search engines – determining where pages should be ranked for those terms.
Your Article’s Content
Following up on the subject of Internet readers being Skimmers… it has been determined that readers will have an easier time reading your article if the paragraphs are not in large blocks of content.
In other words, break up your paragraphs into no more than 2 to 3 short sentences, with 4 lines of content or less ~ Less is More!
Links Within Content
We do not promote guest contributor’s products or services in the body of the article. Our focus is to provide our readers with new ideas, fresh perspectives, and innovative approaches to help Bloggers and Internet Marketers succeed in business.
If links to your blog are relevant to the topic you’re writing about, you’re welcome to link back within the post. Keep in mind that relevancy is very important.
If we feel that your post includes too many links back to your own blog, we may remove them, or reject the article.
NOTE: Admins of theblogpilot.com have sole rights to add the “No Follow” attribute, or remove any links deemed non-relevant, untrusted or promotional.
We don’t mind promoting you, but subtlety often works best. A high-quality, informative article will get more people checking out who you are more effectively than a large number of links back to your site.
We Do recommend adding internal links to existing related articles on theblogpilot.com if, and whenever possible.
Although we would prefer 1000 to 1500 words for a post, your article should be as long as need be in order to convey your message. Yes, the length is important, but quality trumps quantity, so stick to your own style and voice and choose the length that suits your article.
As you can see on this blog, we love to include images. We find that articles with multiple images gain more attention than posts with only 1 or 2.
- Your Featured Image is to be a Minimum of 800px in Width – Recommended width is 800 to 1000px in width and must be compressed for the Web (larger images will be cropped).
- It is up to you to ensure that all images you use Do NOT infringe on copyright law – and a link back to the source of the image is recommended.
NOTE: If you choose to send a separate email with the image(s) you intend to use – send placement instructions (where to attach the images).
– You can even place a TAG within your article: IMAGE #1, IMAGE #2, etc,. along with the Image Source link.
Editing Your Article
Articles that appear on TheBlogPilot.com may be edited for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, proper tags and sentence structure if necessary.
Don’t be offended by this, we are just trying to make each and every article published on this site to be of the highest caliber, and as successful as possible.
Social Participation (Comments)
* We recommend that you add an Article Related Question at the end of your Post to encourage Social Participation/Interaction… Here is an Example below.
– We will add the script to your post that will make your question stand out in the Orange color… YOU just need to provide the question.
Credit to You
You’ve worked hard to give our readers great content, so let us help promote you. Write a byline with information about yourself that we will place at the end of your written article in an ‘Author Bio’ box.
– This byline should be 1 or 2 sentences explaining who you are and what you do, which can also include up to 2 links.
Once Your Article is Published
Once your article is approved, we will send you an email letting you know when your article is expected to be posted. We will also send you an email, along with the link to your article, on the day it was published.
It is expected that you will promote your brilliant masterpiece to your social media accounts – and email it to your list of subscribers if you have one.
What You Need to Do to Submit a Guest Post
Contact us using the form below – include a topic you’d like to write about, along with a couple of example headlines.
If you’ve written other guest posts, we would love to read them. Add the links to a couple of your articles in the form below.
If we feel that you can be a contributor to this blog, we will contact you with further instructions, using the email that you provide in the form.
Thank You for considering to write for TheBlogPilot.com